SMAANZ 2022 Updates and Early Bird Registration Reminder
Dear SMAANZ Community,
We have 11 weeks to go until the 2022 SMAANZ conference in Melbourne hosted by Swinburne University of Technology – we cannot wait to see you all in person for the first time since 2019!
Early Bird Registration
Our early bird registration is now open, with three categories of registration:
- Student (all functions included)
- Full delegate (all functions included)
- Full delegate (no functions included).
To save $100 on each registration option please ensure that you register by September 30th! You can find further details about registration here.
A friendly reminder that abstracts will not be allocated to the conference program schedule until at least one author is registered.
- The conference committee is getting really excited to host you all, please check the SMAANZ website for updates and all conference information. We also have weekly updates to the sport management community on Twitter and LinkedIn.
- We encourage people to find accommodation at their price point in the CBD or close to our Swinburne Hawthorn campus. We have noted some recommendations on our website, however, we do not have a preferred or special rate accommodation provider.
- We are planning on being a zero waste conference – we will have no single-use items at this conference, all catering supplies will be recyclable or compostable, we are up-cycling conference lanyards from our sponsors the Australian Sports Tech Network, and we will be providing reusable cups for your coffee
- Feeling safe and included is important - we can accommodate any/all types of disability access requirements and we will be listing your preferred pronouns on your name tag
- Academic Twitter talked and we listened - we will have a professional photographer at the event to take photos of you doing your presentations for your professional use.
Stay tuned for more updates in our next email to members and attendees.
Professor Emma Sherry
SMAANZ 2022 Conference Chair
Swinburne University of Technology