The SMAANZ conference will be held centrally at UC’s main campus in Bruce, conveniently located less than 10 minutes drive from the CBD. The social and networking conference events are proposed to be held at some of Canberra’s iconic tourist spots to ensure a memorable SMAANZ conference for attendees to experience some of what Canberra has to offer.
UC’s campus has casual parking and can be easily accessed by public transport (bus) routes. Busses run approximately every 10 minutes from the City and from Belconnen Town Centre.
Canberra has an extensive range of accommodation options available to delegates, many of which are within close proximity of the City and are easily accessible by public transport. Delegates are advised to stay in either the City, inner south, inner north, or Belconnen. A selection of accommodation options has been costed based on current published room rates:
- Belconnen Way Motel (Belconnen) – From $135 per night
- Adina (Dickson) – From $150 per night
- Mercure (Belconnen town centre – 1.5km to UC) – from $155 per night
- Alivio Tourist Park (O’Connor – inner north) – From $160 per night
- Madison Capital Apartments (Braddon) – From $185 per night
- Ramada Encore by Wyndham (Belconnen) – From $200 per night
- Sebel (City) – From $210 per night
- Quest City Walk (City) – From $225 per night
- Avenue Hotel (Braddon) – From $230 per night
- East Hotel (Griffith) – From $230 per night
- QT (City West) – From $230 per night
- Novotel (City) - From $250 per night
- Ovolo Nishi (Acton/City) – From $335
Accommodation may be available at UC via Uni Lodge.