The purpose of the SMAANZ Travel Assistance (STA) program is to assist students in attending the student workshop held as a part of the annual SMAANZ conference. The student workshop provides an opportunity for students to:
- develop a network of colleagues to assist in the transition into the SMAANZ community;
- share their research with their peers; and
- provide professional development opportunities through sessions led by senior academic staff on topics of interest to students.
The STA program can award a maximum of five (5) $200 (AUD) awards at up to two (2) times per year (for the HDR mid-year conference and SMAANZ annual conference) with SMAANZ reserving the right to provide fewer than five awards in a round.
Eligibility and Conditions
- Eligibility is open irrespective of gender, age, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin.
- Successful applicants must attend either: a) the SMAANZ student workshop held on the opening day of the conference, or b) the SMAANZ Mid-Year HDR Conference
- Applicants must include the following:
- A statement from their supervisor (or Head of School) confirming their status as a current student.
- Acknowledgement of all financial support provided by a university, grant, or other source. Preference will be given to students whose conference attendance is not fully funded by other sources.
- A maximum 100-word description of what they hope to gain from attendance at the student workshop and conference.
- Applications and queries should be sent directly to the SMAANZ website.