Deadline extended until 31 July 2023
To encourage scholarly inquiry in sport management and enhance the application of management theory to the sport industry, the Sport Management Association of Australia and New Zealand is pleased to announce the SMAANZ Industry Engagement Grant. The grant has evolved from the strategic need to strengthen relationships between the academic community and the sport industry to collaborate on achieving mutual outcomes. A sport industry partner may include the government or private sector that incorporates sport into their program to address community, diversity or development initiatives. The purpose of the grant is to support engagement with the sport industry to advance evidence-based inquiry in teaching and/or research in sport management. As such, collaborations, projects or research partnerships between academics and industry bodies are encouraged.
At least one of the applicants must be a member of SMAANZ for at least two years and located in Australia or New Zealand. The SMAANZ Industry Engagement Grant Committee encourages academics from diverse backgrounds to apply.
The recipient shall be formally awarded at the annual SMNAANZ Conference. One (1) grant to the total of $5000 shall be provided. The grant recipient shall receive one individual registration to the conference immediately following the completion of the project where the individual will present the results.
Conditions of Grant
As part of the process, applicants are encouraged to specifically describe the relationship and integration of the industry partner in the proposed project. Here, the role and contribution of the industry partner in the research process could be developed, as well as the proposed benefit. Applicants are encouraged to provide a statement from the industry partner as part of this section.
Submissions for the project must address the following aspects:
- The purpose
- Expected timeline to complete the project (must be within one year of receiving grant)
- Innovative engagement
- Proposed integration of industry partner (including role/contribution of any partner and proposed benefit to partner)
- Feasibility of the project
- Anticipated outcomes
- Potential contribution to the academic and sport industry communities
- All applications must be submitted via the "Apply Now" button above..
- Applications are due on the SMAANZ Abstract due date.
- A submission detailing the above criteria is to be no longer than 3000 words.
- Queries should be sent directly to the SMAANZ Awards Coordinator, Kevin Filo (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Award Committee, Chaired by the Awards Coordinator, will recommend a grant recipient to the SMAANZ Board.
- The conferral of the grant is dependent on the quality of the applicant in relation to the criteria and thus the Grant Committee/Board reserves the right not to confer the award in any given year.
Upon accepting the grant, a number of deliverables are required:
- The following statement is to be noted in all written documents pertaining to the grant "This project has been supported by the Sport Management Association of Australia and New Zealand Industry Engagement Grant."
- At least one investigator from the successful project to attend the SMAANZ conference and receive the grant and recognition
- The recipient presents the results of the project at the SMAANZ annual conference following completion of the project
- The recipient to provide a 500-word summation of the innovative engagement to enable SMAANZ to promote successful recipients and projects.